Considering how many times I have taken my driving test you'd be forgiven for thinking that I maybe like public transport. This however couldn't be further from the truth.
I hate that buses are NEVER on time and that bus drivers with very few exceptions seem to be the most grumpy demotivated people on earth. I hate that people behave in such an anti social way with eating, littering, swearing, putting their feet on the seats I sit on with my clean clothes and even sharing their flatulence.
In general I enjoy 'people watching' I could almost consider it a hobby I enjoy it so much but it is far more pleasant when done from the comfort of a cafe or on a bench in the street or shopping centre, the main advantage being fresh air if I'm honest.
Sometimes it is irritating to hear people discuss their weekend exploits loudly on their mobile as if it were 1970 and the line was bad but then the nosiness in me comes out and I listen intently with a little more than natural curiosity to their inner most thoughts and relish as hearing their Jeremy Kyle show type lives play out for all other travellers. I'm a smug married now with a very suburban life in a middle class area aka boring! I love to be reminded of my mis spent youth and also on occasions to feel slightly socially superior if I am truthful.
Maybe using public transport somehow boosts my social status ego? One wonders if and when I gain the freedom of a driving licence I will miss the people watching I so enjoy?
Oh and happy Halloween everyone.... (best not to even get me started on the hideous invasion from America on this country, I hate the commercialism!)
No comments:
Post a Comment