Thursday, 6 January 2011

Road to recovery?

ECT treatment number six; I was well on the road to recovery last time. I seem to have set myself up for a fall by almost expecting to return to the ward with a spring in my step.  I feel worse than ever, far far from having a spring in my step I feel like my boots are lined with lead.  The weight of my thoughts as heavy as my heart.

If the risk from general anaesthesia is 1:80k my risk surely must increase with the number of treatments?  Good job I am not a mathematician or I feel sure that would secure me a nurse shaped shadow.

Being a smoking fatty again must put me at a greater risk.  I even ate a bag of chocolate coins (how very festive) before treatment five in the hope that by ignoring the nil by mouth would be enough to put me out of my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment