Tuesday, 8 February 2011

A shadow of myself...

A shadow of myself... I look at the girl who I am on the ward with and I see a version of myself.  The 'me' I could have been, the 'me' I nearly was.

At 16 and effectively homeless I remember making the conscious decision between baby and council house and education.  I'm not judging those who took that route, sometimes I wonder if it was the easier path?  In hindsight I probably made the right decision for me.  Education was my key to escape.  And physically escape I did, mentally I will always be that frightened little girl.

This fellow inmate has so much going for her, I wish she was able to see her qualities.  For all our differences on a social level we get on well and I hope we can remain friends following our 'release'.  I think we have much to learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment