Sunday, 13 February 2011

Why me?

What have I done to deserve this?  Is it a test?  I try to live a good life, I try to be kind, to show compassion to others but I must be bad to the core.

The anti-biotics I was prescribed for my throat have had the unpleasant side effect of giving me thrush.  As a consequence of the pain and discomfort of the thrush I have spent a great deal of time fighting off the flash backs of my childhood.  I thought I was rid of these flash backs but no, I deserve no better.

My brain is once again playing tricks on me, kicking me whilst I'm down.  I know that personification of my brain may seem ridiculous; it is simply an organ I know that but I do feel as though I am being punished.

I hate that something as simple as thrush can throw me mentally back twenty odd years to being a frightened little girl.  At least I am trusted with my own thrush treatment... it mustn't be poisonous then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment